Re: [HACKERS] Backend sent 0x45 type while idle

От Trever Adams
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Backend sent 0x45 type while idle
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Trever Adams <trever_Adams@bigfoot.com> writes:
> >> Try looking in the
> >> postmaster log --- the error message should be logged there as well.
> >> Knowing what the backend is trying to tell us would be helpful...
>
> > Ok, this is going to sound very dumb: Where is this log kept?  Is it
> > kept through syslogd?  If so, I apparently have it turned off
> > somewhere.
>
> With the default configuration of Postgres, this logfile is just the
> postmaster's stderr output --- that should be getting put into a file
> somewhere, if you are using recommended procedures for starting the
> postmaster.  ~postgres/server.log is the usual place.
>
> I think it is possible to redirect the postmaster log to syslogd, but
> you have to specifically configure things that way to make it happen.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

It seems libpq is crazy.  I was incorrect. The password and user name
are indeed bogus.  At least the password was.  It seems that libpq for
6.4.2 doesn't return the correct return code for invalid login (compared
to 6.3).  I am going to be checking further into this, but it may be a
day or two.

Unfortunately, the brakes on my vehicle have failed and I am rebuilding
the system for one wheel to fix the problem.  I will post my findings as
soon as possible.

Trever

От: Dmitry Samersoff
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] idea for compiling
От: Peter Galbavy
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6