Re: xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions

От reg_pg_stefanz@perfexpert.ch
Тема Re: xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I may have misunderstood the documentation or your question, but I had
the understanding that xmin is not updated, but is only set on insert
(but yes, also for update, but updates are also inserts for Postgres as
updates are executed as delete/insert)

from https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/ddl-system-columns.html
 > xmin
 > The identity (transaction ID) of the inserting transaction for this
row version. (A row version is an individual state of > row; each update
of a row creates a new row version for the same logical row.)

therfore I assume, there are no actual updates of xmin values

Stefan

От: "Rashmi V Bharadwaj"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL logical replication slot LSN values
От: "Rashmi V Bharadwaj"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL logical replication slot LSN values