Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state

От Clark Evans
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Clark Evans wrote:

> Manuel Lemos wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to use transactions with PostgreSQL with the normal sequence
> >
> > BEGIN
> > one or more SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE queries
> > COMMIT
> > END
> >
> > But I am getting the following message just like if I haven't started a
> > transaction when I commit.
> >
> > EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state

Oops! forgot the semicolon.  *whap*

  BEGIN;
> COMMIT;
>
>   <or>

  BEGIN;
> ROLLBACK;

BTW, are you putting on the "END" beacuse you are in a
PL/pgsql block?  If so, I'm not sure if transactions
can work inside this language.  Hmm.

Clark

От: Clark Evans
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state
От: Ulf Mehlig
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Negating the list of selected rows of a join