Re: [HACKERS] Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Right, storage allocated by alloca is part of the calling function's
> stack frame --- it goes away when that function exits, no sooner and
> no later.

And as I'm sure many already know, there are limits on stack frame size
on many architectures, and limits on total stack size on every platform.
The available size is not in the same league as malloc()-style heap
allocation.
                   - Tom

От: Oleg Broytmann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: datetime regress test busted by incomplete checkin
От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: datetime regress test busted by incomplete checkin