Re: tydedef extraction - back to the future

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tydedef extraction - back to the future
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Attached is an attempt to thread this needle. The core is a new perl
> module that imports the current buildfarm client logic. The intention is
> that once we have this, the buildfarm client will switch to using the
> module (if found) rather than its own built-in logic. There is precedent
> for this sort of arrangement (AdjustUpgrade.pm). Accompanying the new
> module is a standalone perl script that uses the new module, and
> replaces the current shell script (thus making it more portable).

Haven't read the code in detail, but +1 for concept.  A couple of
minor quibbles:

* Why not call the wrapper script "find_typedefs"?  Without the "s"
it seems rather confusing --- "which typedef is this supposed to
find, exactly?"

* The header comment for sub typedefs seems to have adequate detail
about what the arguments are, but that all ought to be propagated
into the --help output for the wrapper script.  Right now you
couldn't figure out how to use the wrapper without reading the
underlying module.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: tydedef extraction - back to the future
От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose