Re: ossp-uuid Contrib Patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ossp-uuid Contrib Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> I ran into an issue building 9.2 with the OSSP UUID module today. A bit of Googling and I found that the MacPorts
guysran into the same issue a few weeks ago. Their discussion:

The long and the short of it is that the OSSP guys need to fix their
code.  I'm not excited about kluges like
> +#define _XOPEN_SOURCE

which might band-aid around their mistake, but at what price?  We have
no idea what side-effects that will have.  It would not be unlikely
for that to result in an ossp-uuid.so that is subtly incompatible with
the core backend.  (We've seen such effects in the past, though I'm too
lazy to trawl the archives for examples right now.)