Re: [HACKERS] using indexes

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] using indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sferacarta Software wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a table SP with a primary key SNO,
> I'm trying if v6.4beta2 uses indexes
> but seems it uses indexes only with '=' operator:

regression=> explain select unique1 from onek where unique1 < 3;
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:

Index Scan using onek_unique1 on onek  (cost=28.67 size=334 width=4)

> prova=> explain select * from sp where sno = 'S1';
> NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:
> Index Scan using sp_pkey on sp  (cost=0.00 size=0 width=28)
> EXPLAIN

Looks like maybe you need to vacuum to get statistics for the optimizer?
                 - Tom

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Recent Makefile changes (was Re: unique indexes and pqlib)
От: "Thomas G. Lockhart"
Сообщение: Re: cpp preprocessor problem in postgres