Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>
> > > Yes, I asked earlier why LINUX_ELF was not being defined, and no Linux
> > > user offered an answer.  Solutions, folks?  When our own pgaccess guy
> > > can't get libpgtcl to compile, we have a problem.  Do we need a patch?
> >
> > Uh, I think this is a question for Marc. What would he expect to be
> > defined for a platform? I'm pretty sure LINUX_ELF is supposed to be
> > replaces with, for example, "defined(_GCC_) && defined(linux)" or
> > something to that effect.
> >
> > Marc?
>
>         I sort of ignored this one, being a Linux problem :(  Constantin,
> what sort of error message(s) are you seeing and where?  I'll be more
> attentive this time, promise :)

So. I tried to compile PostgreSQL from scratch, as I usual do with every
version.
$ cd /usr/src/postgresql-6.3.2
$ cd src
$ ./configure

At this point, it shows a lot of configuration files and usually asked
me if {linux-elf} it's ok for me.
This time, he didn't do so. He start running and checking all sort of
programs and libraries and finally ended.

Compiling all (gmake all) I noticed that in src/interfaces/libpgtcl
there isn't a libpgtcl.so library and in src/interfaces/libpq there
isn't libpq.so.

I succeeded getting that libraries editing by hand the Makefile in those
two directories and introducing a new line LINUX_ELF=true, then make
clean and make again. I copied libpgtcl.so and libpq.so in my /lib
directory and PgAccess work now. But for someone who did not know how to
do that, it could be quit embarassing.

I think that ./configure does not succeed in guessing that my system is
linux-elf type.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: LINUX_ELF
От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] shift/reduce problem with ecpg