Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> I'm starting to have doubts about this policy. There have now been
> quite a few follow-up "fixes" to indentation issues that koel
> complained about. None of these fixups have been included in
> .git-blame-ignore-revs. If things continue like this then "git blame"
> is bound to become much less usable over time.

FWIW, I'm much more optimistic than that.  I think what we're seeing
is just the predictable result of not all committers having yet
incorporated "pgindent it before committing" into their workflow.
The need for followup fixes should diminish as people start doing
that.  If you want to hurry things along, peer pressure on committers
who clearly aren't bothering is the solution.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
От: Jelte Fennema
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner