Re: Is it a big deal to change the user the DB runs under?

От Alex Turner
Тема Re: Is it a big deal to change the user the DB runs under?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
could you just add the postgres user to the apache group?

Alex

On 6/5/06, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com > wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has done this:
Change the user the DB runs under from postgres to apache on a
established server?
I would think I would just change ownership on all the data dir files
and modify the startup script in /etc/init.d/postgresql.

Reason is I need a plperlu procedure to generate a dir listing for a
Kylix CGI web app and the directories in question are limited to the
user and group apache,
hence my plperlu proc can't list the contents.  I also can't set the
other permissions because I don't want any other users peaking around.

Or is there a way to have the plperlu procs to run as a different user?
I have been looking though the plperl docs but have not seen anything
like that.

Thanks,

--
Tony

               http://archives.postgresql.org

От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Is it a big deal to change the user the DB runs
От: "pobox@verysmall.org"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 + PHP5.1.x/4.4.2 + Apache 2.0.55/1.3.34