Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/7/23 15:51, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> I would like to propose a patch that allows administrators to disable
> `ALTER SYSTEM` via either a runt-time option to pass to the Postgres
> server process at startup (e.g. `--disable-alter-system=true`, false by
> default) or a new GUC (or even both), without changing the current
> default method of the server.

Without trying to debate the particulars, a huge +1 for the concept of
allowing ALTER SYSTEM to be disabled. FWIW I would vote the same for
control over COPY PROGRAM.

Not coincidentally both concepts were built into set_user:
https://github.com/pgaudit/set_user

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Gabriele Bartolini
Сообщение: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
От: Gabriele Bartolini
Сообщение: Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`