Re: How to optimize PostgreSQL database size

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: How to optimize PostgreSQL database size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 18, 2006, at 10:47 PM, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> ""Linux Portal"" <linportal@gmail.com> wrote
>> The article on the subject can be read here:
>>
>>   http://linux.inet.hr/optimize_postgresql_database_size.html
>>

> After dump/restore the database size is 1685 MB and after
> vacuum-full/reindex is 1990 MB. Where we saved 305 MB?

My guess would be due to toasted text columns... does VACUUM FULL
know to vacuum the toast tables only after committing the vacuum on
the base heap?

От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: OT: publicly available databases?
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: How to build with bigger WAL segment file?