Re: Why not working under 8.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why not working under 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
> Out of curiosity I went back to 8.0 and ran the function and got:
> production=> SELECT dodi();
> WARNING:  column "?column?" has type "unknown"
> DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.

Pre-8.2 plpgsql was willing to treat INTO as not special if the word
right after it was not any known plpgsql variable, but this was never
exactly a good thing to rely on.  Per the recommendation in the docs,
you should be using CREATE TABLE AS rather than SELECT INTO if you
want to get at the non-plpgsql behavior of SELECT INTO.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Why not working under 8.3
От: Michelle Konzack
Сообщение: Re: pgsql announce now on twitter