Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:23 AM 6/25/99 +0200, Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 wrote:

>> So...does it sound like I'm doing the right thing?
>>
>> I don't see how this could be, since the first FlushBuffer still does
>> the sync.

Oh-uh, you're right of course.  The first select doesn't hit
the disk, the next one does during the first flugh.  Silly me,
where was my head?

Sigh.

So, Vadim's "right way" is also the "only way", it would appear.

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com> Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] The dangers of "-F"
От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..