Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
14.05.2024 17:38, Tom Lane wrote:
> As I mentioned in our off-list discussion, I have a lingering feeling
> that this v14 commit could be affecting the results somehow:
>
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Branch: master Release: REL_14_BR [d5a9a661f] 2020-10-18 12:56:43 -0400
>
>      Update the Winsock API version requested by libpq.
>
>      According to Microsoft's documentation, 2.2 has been the current
>      version since Windows 98 or so.  Moreover, that's what the Postgres
>      backend has been requesting since 2004 (cf commit 4cdf51e64).
>      So there seems no reason for libpq to keep asking for 1.1.
>
> I didn't believe at the time that that'd have any noticeable effect,
> but maybe it somehow made Winsock play a bit nicer with the GSS
> support?

Yes, probably, but may be not nicer, as the test duration increased?
Still I can't see the difference locally to check that commit.
Will try other VMs/configurations, maybe I could find a missing factor...

Best regards,
Alexander

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Dump-restore loosing 'attnotnull' bit for DEFERRABLE PRIMARY KEY column(s).
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: elog/ereport VS misleading backtrace_function function address