Re: Restoring from filesystem backup

От Dianne Yumul
Тема Re: Restoring from filesystem backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the response.

> does the global directory exist on the drive you are syncing from?  If
> so ...
> then it's a problem with your rsync.
>
> check the options you are using with the rsync command.
> check the rsync configurations in /etc/rsyncd.conf on the drive.
> what user are you running the rsync daemon, and rsync command as?

The global directory was not on the backup I was syncing from. The
option we use with rysnc is just -a. We also don't run the rsync daemon
(is this ok?) just the command.

I checked the other backups and they all have the global directory
except for this specific one. Looking further, I think something went
wrong on that backup because some directories not related to postgres,
not just global/, are empty. So now I'm thinking it might be hardware
(the portable external drive is about 3 years old), but I will have to
wait and see if the problem persists.

Sorry for making noise and thank you very much for your help.

Dianne