Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior

От Alexander Pyhalov
Тема Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nikita Malakhov писал 2023-01-16 17:26:
> Hi!
>
> Here's the patch that fixes this case, please check it out.
> The patch adds vacuum_is_permitted_for_relation() check before adding
> partition relation to the vacuum list, and if permission is denied the
> relation
> is not added, so it is not passed to vacuum_rel() and there are no try
> acquire the lock.
>
> Cheers!

Hi.

The patch seems to solve the issue.
Two minor questions I have:
1) should we error out if HeapTupleIsValid(part_tuple) is false?
2) comment "Check partition relations for vacuum permit" seems to be
broken in some way.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication timeout problem
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Make EXPLAIN generate a generic plan for a parameterized query