Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Feb 22, 2023, at 10:49 AM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2023-02-22 at 09:27 -0800, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> Another option is to execute under the intersection of their
>> privileges, where both the definer and the invoker need the
>> privileges in order for the action to succeed.  That would be more
>> permissive than the proposed SECURITY NONE, while still preventing
>> either party from hijacking privileges of the other.
>
> Interesting idea, I haven't heard of something like that being done
> before. Is there some precedent for that or a use case where it's
> helpful?

No current use case comes to mind, but I proposed it for event triggers one or two development cycles ago, to allow for
non-superuserevent trigger owners.  The problems associated with allowing non-superusers to create and own event
triggerswere pretty similar to the problems being discussed in this thread.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: %T Prompt parameter for psql for current time (like Oracle has)
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase