Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for timeouts

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for timeouts
Дата
Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for timeouts  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-committers
Kyotaro, thanks for your corrections. I agree that wordings should be improved. But let’s deal with failures first.

> On 15 Mar 2024, at 10:28, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 10:42:35AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>> In 005_timeouts.pl, I found the following comment.
>
> Note also that the test is not stable, one of my machines with
> injection points enabled has complained twice in its last three runs:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hachi&dt=2024-03-14%2015%3A05%3A04
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hachi&dt=2024-03-15%2003%3A21%3A15

The failure is

t/005_timeouts.pl             (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 255
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=5, Tests=68, 185 wallclock secs ( 0.03 usr  0.00 sys +  0.86 cusr  0.80 csys =  1.69 CPU)
Result: FAIL

The failure seems to be Perl-related.
As far as I can see I’ve done everything akin to 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl. On batta this test pass, but hachi seems
tobe unhappy with this test.
And hachi sometimes pass this test too [0].

I’ll look more on this. Do I understand right that we have only 2 buildfarm members with injection points?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=hachi&dt=2024-03-14%2022%3A02%3A41&stg=module-test_misc-check

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for timeouts
От: "Andrey M. Borodin"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for timeouts