Re: do I need a rollback() after commit that fails?

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: do I need a rollback() after commit that fails?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
> Unless I'm mistaken, if AutoCommit is enabled, then each statement will be
> commit for you.  The commit() and the rollback() are both useless.

To clarify, the DBI driver turns off AutoCommit in postgres when
begin_work() is called.  It does not however disable its internal
AutoCommit flag.

The question still stands: if the COMMIT fails, ROLLBACK is not
required in Postgres.  Is this portable to other databases?

От: Vick Khera
Сообщение: Re: query is taking longer time after a while
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: query is taking longer time after a while