Re: [doc] fix a potential grammer mistake

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [doc] fix a potential grammer mistake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Erikjan Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> writes:
> I don't think these  "were"s  are wrong but arguably changing them to
> "have" helps non-native speakers (like myself), as it doesn't change the
> meaning significantly as far as I can see.

I think it does --- it changes the meaning from passive to active.
I don't necessarily object to rewriting these sentences more broadly,
but I don't think "have issued" is the correct phrasing.

Possibly "The user issued ..." would work.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: automatically generating node support functions
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade