Re: Repeated PredicateLockRelation calls during seqscan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Repeated PredicateLockRelation calls during seqscan
Дата
Re: Repeated PredicateLockRelation calls during seqscan  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dan Ports <drkp@csail.mit.edu> writes:
> I was looking at ExecSeqScan today and noticed that it invokes
> PredicateLockRelation each time it's called, i.e. for each tuple
> returned. Any reason we shouldn't skip that call if
> rs_relpredicatelocked is already set, as in the attached patch?

Why is the call in ExecSeqScan at all, and not in the node startup
function?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [v9.2] DROP Reworks Part.0 - 'missing_ok' support of get_object_address
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump vs malloc