Re: Unix domain instead of TCP socket connections with JDBC.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unix domain instead of TCP socket connections with JDBC.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
froggle2003@yahoo.com (Alex Martinoff) writes:
> ...  Using a TCP socket
> instead of a unix socket seems to slow down requests that return large
> result sets by a factor of 3 on the same machine.

Seems like a kernel bug to me.  All modern TCP stacks have shortcuts for
local connections.  What platform are you on exactly?

(BTW, this is not an argument against having JDBC support unix-socket
connections; I can see security reasons for that.  But there should not
be performance reasons for it.)

От: "mathan"
Сообщение: Re: Cannot createdb
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: why does count take so long?