Re: Backend often crashing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend often crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Guido Notari" <gnotari@linkgroup.it> writes:
> I have one of those nasty problems, with Postgres backend often crashing
> with signal 11.

My gut feeling after looking at the stack trace is that it's a
memory-stomp kind of error (something writing on memory that doesn't
belong to it --- probably a buffer overrun).

One quick-and-dirty thing to try is updating to 7.2.4.  Neil fixed a few
potential buffer overrun conditions in 7.2.2 and 7.2.4.  I don't have a
lot of hope that this will eliminate the issue, but (a) it's easy to do
and (b) you ought to be on 7.2.4 anyway on general principles.

If that doesn't help then you'll need to either create a reproducible
example so someone else can debug it, or work on debugging it yourself,
or possibly let someone else have access to your machine to try to debug
it for you.  A first step in either the second or third choices is to
rebuild Postgres with --enable-debug so that you can get a more complete
stack trace.

От: Jason Earl
Сообщение: Re: VB to postgresql located in Unix.
От: Eric B.Ridge
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles"