Re: Getting "timeout expired" error almost immediately (20-200ms)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting "timeout expired" error almost immediately (20-200ms)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Eric Brown" <yogieric@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm running 8.0.3 on Linux 2.6. Once my application starts to get a bit
> of load, I start getting application exceptions with the "timeout
> expired" string from postgresql. I think it is coming from
> src/interfaces/libpq/fe-misc.c.

I don't think so.  libpq only uses a timeout in that function when
it's making a connection to the server and a connect_timeout has been
specified in the connection parameters.  You're showing an error that
seems to have occurred on an already-live connection (although maybe
I'm misinterpreting that).

If it is libpq, the answer is you're using an unreasonably tight
connection timeout.  But that's hardly an unusual error message;
have you eliminated the possibility it's coming from some other
code entirely?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: create view problem
От: brian ally
Сообщение: Re: Querying for strings that match after prefix