Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
AJ ONeal <coolaj86@proton.me> writes:
> It seems like the first bit of magic I need is:
> `--prefix=/doesntexist/postgres`

No, you want an actual path so that "make install" will succeed.
The point is that then you can tar up that installation tree
(relative to its top) and untar it somewhere else.

> I'd like to build as much static as possible (or reasonable). Is there a way to tell it "just include openssl"?

No, and are you really sure you want that?  Then it's on you to
rebuild and redistribute, pronto, every time openssl issues a security
fix.  There's a reason why most Linux distros forbid static linking of
libraries from different sources.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?
От: Siddharth Jain
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding how databases support atomicity