Re: Copying a database.

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Copying a database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 20, 2014, at 11:09 AM, maillists0@gmail.com wrote:

> I send a nightly dump of my production database to a development server. A script drops the existing development
databaseand replaces it with the current production copy.

> Each dev uses her own copy of the database. Is there a way to copy the current development database to a differently
nameddb on the same machine, including the data,  without using the sql dump?

Look at CREATE DATABASE developer_db WITH TEMPLATE production_copy;

createdb with the --template option is a convenient way to do that from the commandline.

Cheers,
  Steve