Re: invalid data in PID file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid data in PID file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"J S B" <jsbali@gmail.com> writes:
> Then i try to start postgres again and it gives me the same error:

> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
> few seconds and retry.

Um, have you tried waiting a bit as the hint suggests?

If the port is still claimed after a minute or two, then there must be
some process holding onto it.  netstat and/or lsof might help you find
out what.

От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to return custom type as proper ROW?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Newbie question about importing text files...