Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ah, found it.  There is an excludes pattern file list I had forgotten
> about;  it has:

>     /s_lock\.h$
>     /ecpg/test/expected/
>     /snowball/libstemmer/
>     /ecpg/include/(sqlda|sqltypes)\.h$
>     /ecpg/include/preproc/struct\.h$
>     /pl/plperl/ppport\.h$

Ah, so you've been excluding some of the ecpg/include/ header files but
not sqlca.h.
> I am thinking I should back out the tab/comment changes in those files
> in the back branches, though I would then need to adjust the ecpg
> regression tests.  In practice, these files are rarely patched, so it
> might be fine to just leave them alone.

No, let's not back them out.  The real question here is why sqlca.h is
treated differently from those other three.  At least in HEAD, I'd be
inclined to pgindent all of ecpg/include/ and just deal with any ensuing
test fallout.  As long as updating the expected files is part of your
pgindent procedure, why not?

IOW, I get the reasons for those other exclusions:

s_lock.h: lots of inline ASM which pgindent doesn't deal well with
/snowball/libstemmer/: upstream code not maintained by us
ppport.h: ditto

But I don't see the reason why we shouldn't expect ecpg's headers to
conform to our layout rules.

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: default opclass for jsonb (was Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation)
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers