Re: RC1?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RC1?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> We can't just wait around indefinitely for port reports that may or may
>> not ever appear.  In any case, most of the "<7.3" entries in the list
>> seem to be various flavors of *BSD; I think it's unlikely we broke
>> those ...

> Note that we have *zero* reports for any flavor of NetBSD and OpenBSD.

Maybe they're both dead platforms?  ;-)

Seriously, I agree with Marc's opinion that issuing an RC1 is the best
way to flush out some more port reports.  I do not know what else we can
do to get people off their duffs and onto last-minute testing.

> (Maybe you could get someone from Red Hat to confirm the remaining Linux
> ports?)

Anyone care about the PlayStation 2 port ;=) ?  I can get Permaine to
retest if so.  Slightly more seriously, we did see a recent report of
trouble on S/390 Linux, but the complainant didn't follow up...