Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error: invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error: invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> * Aleš Zelený (zeleny.ales@gmail.com) wrote:
>> But recovery on replica failed to proceed WAL file
>> 0000000100000FED00000039  with log message: " invalid contrecord length
>> 1956 at FED/38FFE208".

> Err- you've drawn the wrong conclusion from that message (and you're
> certainly not alone- it's a terrible message and we should really have a
> HINT there or something).

Yeah, those messages are all pretty ancient, from when WAL was new and not
to be trusted much.  Perhaps the thing to do is move the existing info
into DETAIL and make the primary message be something like "reached
apparent end of WAL stream".

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: performance of pg_upgrade "Copying user relation files"
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error:invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208