Re: ILIKE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ILIKE
Дата
Re: ILIKE
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> - Some other databases support ILIKE and it makes porting easier.

Which other ones?  I checked our archives and found that when we were
discussing adding ILIKE, it was claimed that Oracle had it.  But I can't
find anything on the net to verify that claim.  I did find that mSQL
(not MySQL) had it, as far back as 1996.  Nothing else seems to --- but
Google did provide a lot of hits on pages saying that ILIKE is a mighty
handy Postgres-ism ;-)

> Why this sudden urge to prune away perfectly useful operators?

My feeling too.  Whatever you may think of its usefulness, it's been a
documented feature since 7.1.  It's a bit late to reconsider.