Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Дата
Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
BTW, on the cleanup steps:

# Remove bogus branches
git branch -D unlabeled-1.44.2
git branch -D unlabeled-1.51.2
git branch -D unlabeled-1.59.2
git branch -D unlabeled-1.87.2
git branch -D unlabeled-1.90.2

You should not need any of the above; I don't see those being generated
anymore with the cleanup script in place.

git branch -D ecpg_big_bison

I don't agree with removing this.  It is a legitimate part of the
project history.  Yeah, it was a workaround, but we've had workarounds
in place for other broken software.

# Remove broken tags
git tag -d SUPPORT
git tag -d MANUAL_1_0
git tag -d Release-1-6-0

Also get rid of the "creation" tag, please.  Also, just for the record,
these aren't really broken.  Maybe "Remove unwanted partial tags"?

In addition to the above, we're going to want to clean up the
Release_2_0_0 and Release_2_0 tags, but I'm not sure if there's
a reasonable way to script those when the commit SHA1's aren't frozen
yet.  I can give you timestamps for the commits they should point at,
but I lack the git-fu to convert that into a git tag command.

Similarly, we're going to want to repoint REL6_5, REL7_1, REL7_1_2
tags at more appropriate places, but right now all I have for those is
timestamps.  (I've also identified places to tag the other early
releases, but those tags can certainly be added later.)

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Progress indication prototype
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: compile/install of git