Re: What encoding to use for this error?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What encoding to use for this error?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Hatcher <pathat@comcast.net> writes:
> We're testing moving our data to UNICODE from LATIN1, but when I try to
> import my data, I get the following error:

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Unicode characters greater than or
> equal to
> 0x10000 are not supported
> CONTEXT:  COPY bcp_mdc_products, line 120, column description: "Lladr�
> "Ducks in
>  a Basket""

Do you have client_encoding set properly while doing the import?
If the incoming data is LATIN1, you need to say so, so that the backend
knows how to convert it to UNICODE.

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: very slow after a while...
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Big trouble with memory !!