Re: MySQL to Postgres question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MySQL to Postgres question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Why????

> I am not sure about 8.3 but certainly earlier releases of PostgreSQL
> would have specific dependency issues when a sequence was applied to a
> a column after the fact, versus using the serial or bigserial
> psuedo-types.

As of (I think) 8.2, you can use ALTER SEQUENCE OWNED BY to manage
the dependency.  In earlier releases it's true that you couldn't
exactly duplicate what SERIAL did (at least not without manual
catalog hacking), but now it truly is just a macro for things you
can do with SQL commands.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Client-requested cast mode to emulate Pg8.2 on v8.3
От: "John Smith"
Сообщение: Re: [postgis-users] how many min. floating-points?