Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The approach looks sound to me. It's a fairly isolated patch and we
> should be considering this for inclusion in 9.1, not wait another
> year.

That suggestion is completely insane.  The patch is only WIP and full of
bugs, even according to its author.  Even if it were solid, it is way
too late to be pushing such stuff into 9.1.  We're trying to ship a
release, not find ways to cause it to slip more.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock