Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: [pgsql-advocacy]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: [pgsql-advocacy]
Дата
Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: [pgsql-advocacy]
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> What if we supplied several sample .conf files, and let the user choose which
> to copy into the database directory?   We could have a "high read
> performance" profile, and a "transaction database" profile, and a
> "workstation" profile, and a "low impact" profile.

Uh ... do we have a basis for recommending any particular sets of
parameters for these different scenarios?  This could be a good idea
in the abstract, but I'm not sure I know enough to fill in the details.

A lower-tech way to accomplish the same result is to document these
alternatives in postgresql.conf comments and encourage people to review
that file, as Steve Crawford just suggested.  But first we need the raw
knowledge.

От: Kaare Rasmussen
Сообщение: Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: [pgsql-advocacy]
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: [pgsql-advocacy]