Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, May  6, 2014 at 03:54:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But having said that, if this didn't work then there's something broken
>> about the make rules for the ecpg tests.  I'm a bit suspicious of commit
>> 69e9768e7b183d4b276d0e067a5a0000689580eb.

I looked into this, and find that the cause of the problem is that
pgindent touched src/interfaces/ecpg/include/sqlca.h, which is copied
verbatim into preprocessed files by the ecpg preprocessor, so the expected
files had to change in tandem.  This amounts to a dependency, but the make
rules don't know about it.  Should they?  That particular file changes so
seldom that it'd hardly be worth worrying about, but I'm not sure which
other files can get copied similarly.

> What _is_ odd is that I had to change these files after the pgindent run
> in head, but _not_ in the back branches when I removed the tabs from
> comments.  I assume there is something new in 9.4 about they way they
> are built.

I'm confused by this statement.  Your tab-adjustment commits in the back
branches also touched both sqlca.h and the ecpg expected files.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: pg_shmem_allocations view
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4