Re: manuals

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: manuals
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> The two lines that begin with Current are links.  Perhaps I should put
> it bright blinking red text with arrows pointing to it?

Yeah, that's the ticket ;-)

Seriously, I can see Bruce's point here.  In my browser (Netscape
4.something) the lines that stand out are

    Documentation

    Version 6.5

    Version 7.0

these being bold, black, and about twice as large as the rest of the
text.  ISTM that the page structure you want the user to see is

    Current Release Docs

        multiple links here

    Development Version Docs

        probably just one cross-link here

    Old Version Docs

        multiple links here

The way you have it has all the same information, but the visual
structure of the page definitely gives pride of place to v6.5,
which is strange.