Re: Planner forces seq scan when select without quoting its values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Planner forces seq scan when select without quoting its values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex Lai <mlai@sesda2.com> writes:
>    "EXPLAIN insert into alex1 (fileid, archiveset) select 35352974, 10003;"
> [vs]
>    "EXPLAIN insert into alex1 (fileid, archiveset) select '35352974', '10003';"

You might be happier using INSERT ... VALUES instead of INSERT
... SELECT for this.  In the former, the parser is going to be more
aggressive about forcing values to the correct datatype, which is the
root of your difficulties here.

От: Sébastien Lorion
Сообщение: Re: Amazon High I/O instances
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: Where do I get pgAdmin 1.16 for openSuSE?