Re: restoreing dumps fail

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: restoreing dumps fail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Mart=EDn=20Marqu=E9s?= <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> 2002-05-14 10:23:36 DEBUG:  child process (pid 15137) was terminated by signal
> 10

Hmm, apparently a bus error?

> About the trace of the core, first I don't know exactly what to do, and
> second, I can't find a core file (or does it have another name?)

It should be named core (or some variant; some platforms include the PID
or the program name, but pretty much everybody includes "core" in the
name).  And it will definitely be located in $PGDATA/base/yourdbnumber/.

If you don't see one there then you probably started the postmaster with
ulimit -c 0.  Change to ulimit -c unlimited and try again.

Once you get a core do
    gdb $INSTALL/bin/postgres $PGDATA/base/yourdbnumber/core
    gdb> bt
    gdb> quit

If the bt produces only a list of numbers and no symbolic info then
it will be little help.  In that case, please recompile Postgres with
debug support (configure --enable-debug) and try again.

От: "Joel Burton"
Сообщение: Re: restoring databases with intensive foreign key use fails
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: transitioning postgres oid