Re: Planner debug views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Planner debug views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq.postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> Not sure if I got it: so EXPLAIN will return tuples to libpq client. But
> how do we store these returned tuples (RelOptInfo, Path etc) so we can
> throw queries against them later?

> Something like this:
> INSERT INTO my_space SELECT (EXPLAIN SELECT ...); -- won't get parsed

You can do something like that in plpgsql, for example
   declare t text;
   for t in EXPLAIN SELECT ...   loop      insert into whatever values(t);   end loop;

There's an example of doing this sort of thing in the brin.sql regression
test, where it's used to verify that we're getting the plan type we
expect.

I don't feel a strong need to invent additional forms of that wheel.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Make timestamptz_out less slow.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Buildfarm failure from overly noisy warning message