Re: proposal: psql concise mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: psql concise mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> We're essentially pretending that we support all server versions with
> this code, instead of erroring out on some definite old version and
> admitting "sorry, can't do it". ...
> I think we should draw a line somewhere about just how far back psql
> must support,

Says right at the top of the file:
* Support for the various \d ("describe") commands.  Note that the current* expectation is that all functions in this
filewill succeed when working* with servers of versions 7.4 and up.  It's okay to omit irrelevant* information for an
oldserver, but not to fail outright.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pg_comments (was: Allow \dd to show constraint comments)
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Materialized views