Re: Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Herouth Maoz <herouth@unicell.co.il> writes:
> I created a function that does some heavy string manipulation, so I needed to use pl/perl rather than pl/pgsql.
> I'm not experienced in perl, but the function works well when used as an independent perl subroutine - it depends
onlyon its arguments. I use the Encode package (in postgresql configuration).

> But my use of the "pack" function causes a Safe error. Apparently "pack" and "unpack" are in the operator mask.

> Is there any way to remove them from that mask?

My recollection is that they're intentionally excluded because they
would otherwise be security holes --- there are some format codes that
allow direct access to memory, or something like that.