Re: XLogArchivingActive

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: XLogArchivingActive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not sure you can expect that to work.  The system is not built to
>> guarantee instantaneous response to mode changes like that.

> Um, as long as xlog writing stops immediate recycling when
> pg_start_backup is executed everything should be fine, since archived
> logs are not expected to be present until pg_stop_backup is done.

Wrong.  You forgot about all the *other* behaviors that change depending
on XLogArchivingActive, like whether CREATE INDEX gets archived or
just fsync'd.  I don't think it makes sense for CREATE INDEX to change
that behavior in midstream, even assuming that it noticed the flag
change instantly.

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: timezones to own config file
От: "Gurjeet Singh"
Сообщение: Re: max(*)