Re: Avoiding shutdown checkpoint at failover

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Avoiding shutdown checkpoint at failover
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The reason we run a shutdown checkpoint is to prevent needing to
> re-enter recovery if we crash after promotion.

That's *a* reason, it's not necessarily the only reason.  This proposal
worries me, especially your blithe dismissal of the timeline issues;
but in any case I would not trust it without a detailed review of all
WAL replay activities, which you don't sound to have done.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection