Re: Confusing behavior of create table like

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Confusing behavior of create table like
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-08-04 19:36, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
>> Yes, generated columns are also using implicitly generated sequences.
>> So them are  very similar with SERIAL/BIGSERIAL columns. This actually
>> make we wonder why we can not handle them in the same way in
>> CREATE TABLE LIKE.

> The current specification of serial is a parse-time expansion of integer
> column, sequence, and column default.

Yeah; and note it's actually defined that way in the docs.

I'd certainly concede that serial is a legacy feature now that we have
identity columns.  But, by the same token, its value is in backwards
compatibility with old behaviors.  Therefore, reimplementing it in a
way that isn't 100% backwards compatible seems like entirely the
wrong thing to do.  On similar grounds, I'd be pretty suspicious of
changing LIKE's behaviors around the case.

От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: Re: [patch] demote
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Concurrency bug in amcheck