Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Still, one could ask why we are expending extra cycles to make the
>> timeout more accurate.  Who the heck needs an accurate timeout on
>> connect?  Can you really give a use-case where the user won't have
>> picked a number out of the air anyway?

> I think we do need to properly compute the timeout on an EINTR of
> select() because if we don't, a 30 second timeout could become 90
> seconds if select() is interrupted.  The other time() calls are needed,
> one above the loop, and one inside the loop.

AFAICS we need one time() call at the start, and then one inside the
select loop.  I haven't looked at your recent patches, but you said
something about putting two calls in the loop; that seems like overkill.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c