Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 10/10/19 1:46 AM, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>> Hello, While I'm moving to CentOS8 environment, I got stuck at
>> ./configure with the following error.
>> configure: error: libperl library is requred for Perl
>> It complains that it needs -fPIC.
>> Configure uses only $Config{ccflags}, but it seems that
>> $Config{cccdlflags} is also required. The attached patch make
>> ./configure success. (configure itself is excluded in the patch.)

> ./configure --with-perl
> is working for me on Centos8 (double checked after a `dnf update`)

Yeah, I'm quite suspicious of this too.  Although we don't seem to have
any buildfarm members covering exactly RHEL8/CentOS8, we have enough
coverage of different Fedora releases to make it hard to believe that
we missed any changes in Red Hat's packaging of Perl.

Is this error perhaps occurring with a non-vendor Perl installation?
What's the exact error message?  config.log might contain some useful
clues, too.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
От: Andres Freund