Re: Disable and enable of table and column constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Disable and enable of table and column constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> With the ALTER TABLE DISABLE TRIGGER functionality added in 8.3, we
> already have the ability to do this with foreign key constraints.

That "feature" is a crock that should not be extended, because it
leaves it entirely on the user's shoulders whether the constraint
is actually true when the system thinks it is.  What is being discussed
here is ways to incrementally add real, proven-valid constraints.

(Indeed, given the thought that's being given to having the planner
assume that FK constraints hold, I rather think that we need to
reconsider ALTER DISABLE TRIGGER.)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: logging hook for database audit
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: CommitFest 2009-09 Plans and Call for Reviewers